There are many local attractions to visit nearby and activities for all at any time of the year.
- Walking – many paths from the Lodge, mountain walks, peak walks (incl. the highest peak of the area: the Mont Valier at 2,838 m / 9,314 ft altitude).
- Skiing – nearest resorts in Guzet or les Mourtis.
- For children – Animal park, Reptile farm, Bison farm, Prehistoric Park, swimming pools, treetop ‘Go Ape’ park, cinema.
- Adventure sports – climbing, via ferrata, caving, water rafting, kayaking, canyoning, high-ropes parcours, pot-holing.
- Cycling – Tour de France stages: Col de la Core or Col d’Aspet; and off-road with many mountain bike tracks.
- Historical visits – Medieval Castles and Churches, the picturesque cities of St Lizier, Foix and Mirepoix.
- Rides- horse and donkey rides.
- Mountain Lakes and rivers – Bethmale lake, the Riberot valley, Etang de Lers.
- Local food – cheese and honey made in the village, and many other boutiques across the valley.
- Relaxation – Spa in Salies de Salat, Aulus-les-Bains and Ax-les-Thermes.
- Sports – Golf course and Tennis nearby.
- Fishing – Lake and river fishing.
- In the air – Fly in a glider or hot-air balloon. Paragliding in Moulis.
For more information, you can check out the Tourist Office website: www.tourisme-stgirons-stlizier.fr
Here are below some example activities.